Lavender is a browser extension that combines prospect research, an email assistant, and a suite of productivity tools to make you awesome in the inbox.
unlimited email scores
suite of productivity tools
unlimited contact research
no Lavender branding
Two weeks free • No credit card required
Last Modified: December 9, 2020
* on or through the Website;
* in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and any Website or us; and
* on any other sources such as websites, applications, extensions, and/or other software platforms
It does not apply to information collected by:
* us through services we may provide third parties.
* any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
3. Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to any Website. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 18 and do not direct our Website for use by individuals under the age of 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on the Website or on or through any of its features/ register, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly remove the information.
4. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
* by which you may be personally identified, such as, but not limited to, name, IP address, and e-mail address ("Personal Information");
* that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as generalized demographic information about (for example age range, gender, etc.), and general location; and/or
* about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
* Directly from you when you provide it to us;
* Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies; and
* From third parties, for example: Google.
4.1. Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect, including Personal Information, on or through our Website may include:
* Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website or by using our software. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing or purchasing services or products we offer, or requesting services or information from us. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website or ask us a question.
* Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
* Records and calculations of your e-mail scores, sentiment and tone analyses, and other usage data as it relates to our core offering. We do not retain records or copies of your correspondence to third parties while you use our Software
* Your responses to surveys that you choose to complete.
* Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
* Your search queries on the Website. While it is your choice whether to provide the requested information or not, we cannot provide certain services you may request if you do not provide the requested information.
4.2. Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies and Do-Not-Track Signals.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
* Usage Details. Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, generalized location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
* Device Information. We may collect information about your computer or mobile device and internet connection, including the device's unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device's telephone number.
* Location Information. The Website collects real-time information about the location of your device. We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
Do-Not-Track is a public-private initiative, http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/, that has developed a technical "flag" or signal that an end-user may be able to activate within their browser software to notify websites that they do not wish to be "tracked" by third parties as defined by the initiative. The initiative, however, has not reached a consensus as to exactly what technical or other actions those parties receiving the signal should take. As a result, Do-Not-Track has not yet been standardized and most websites, including us and our Website, do not alter their behavior or change their services when their websites receive a "do-not-track" flag or signal. The information we collect automatically may include personal information, but/or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties.
It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
* Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
* Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests;
* Speed up your searches; and
* Recognize you when you return to our Website. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
* Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store
information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same
browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings
for Flash cookies, see Section 8 (Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information).
* Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Section 8 (Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information).
6. How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
* To present our Website, our software and their contents to you;
* To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
* To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
* To provide you with notices about your account and or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices;
* To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
* In any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
* As set forth in a separate agreement between you and us;
* To improve the Website by solving technical problems, to calculate overall usage statistics, for internal marketing and promotional purposes, and for service development and content improvement;
* To maintain the security and integrity of the Website and our IT systems; and
* For any other purpose with your consent. We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please reach out at email@example.com. If you wish to stop receiving certain emails please click the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email or notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, see Section 8 (Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information). We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your Personal Information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria. We will retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws, and your consent to such purposes(s) remains valid during such time. When Personal Information is no longer needed or legally required, it will be permanently deleted or de-identified so that it can no longer be associated with a specific individual.
7. Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose non-personally identifiable information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
* To our parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates;
* To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
* To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
* To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have these disclosures (for more information, see Section 8 (Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information));
* To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the "refer a friend" feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients;
* As set forth in any separate agreement between you and us;
* For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
* With your consent
We may also disclose your personal information:
* To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government, law enforcement, or regulatory request;
* When we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, other users, service providers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection
8. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
* Disclosure of Your Information for Third Party Advertising (I.e. Google). If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com
* Promotional Offers from us. If you do not wish to have your [email address/contact information used by us to promote our own
or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to us as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
* Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by emailing us at email@example.com.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website, available here: http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1#!/.
* We do not sell your information to third parties.
* We do not retain copies of your emails.
9. Accessing and Correcting Your Information
If you have an account with us, you can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
10. Your California Privacy Rights
This section is required under California law. California residents are entitled to information about our practices regarding the sale of their Personal Information. California Civil Code Section AÌ‚Â§ 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. California residents may also request, after we have verified your identity, (i) the Personally Identifiable Information we have collected about you, (ii) the categories of Personally Identifiable Information we have collected from you and that we share for our business purposes, (iii) the third parties with who we share your Personally Identifiable Information, (iv) our commercial purpose for collecting the Personally Identifiable Information, and (v) the categories of sources from which we collected your Personally Identifiable Information. California residents may request, free of any charge (unless we are allowed by law to charge a fee), the Personally Identifiable Information we have collected from you through your account with us or, if you do not have an account with us, electronically or by mail at your option. Please note that California law prohibits us from discriminating against you if you exercise your rights under this Section.
You may also request that we and our service providers delete your Personally Identifiable Information, provided that we are not required by California law to delete your Personally Identifiable Information under certain situations, such as: (a) your Personally Identifiable Information is necessary for us to provide you with goods or services you have requested or we reasonably anticipate you to request (for example, an on-going monthly subscription you have not cancelled) or as necessary to perform a contract between you and us, (b) your Personally Identifiable Information is necessary for us to protect against malicious or illegal activity, (c) your Personally Identifiable Information is necessary for us to identify and repair errors
with our existing functionalities, (d) we use your Personally Identifiable information solely for internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us, (e) your Personally Identifiable Information is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation, or (f) we otherwise use your Personally Identifiable Information lawfully and in a manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided your Personally Identifiable Information.
11. Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and can potentially be intercepted or incorrectly routed. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on any Website. Please consider this before submitting any information to us or through the Website.
12. Credit Card Processing and Data Security
13. Social Media
you to be wary of providing any of your personal information in such public forums. The information you submit can be collected and used by people you do not know. Again, your use of those features and your Submissions are fully at your own risk.
14. Monitoring and Enforcement
15. Contact Information
Lavender gives you real-time feedback on your email, scores it for best practices, analyzes its sentiment and tone, and provides AI-generated sentence suggestions to make your email more confident and concise.
We focus on the four C's - Clarity, Conciseness, Correctness, and Consideration to help increase your chance of getting a positive reply.
Lavender gives you rapport-building social data on your recipient, like their bio, picture, and social posts.
Then it gives you insights on their company like employee count, revenue, the technologies they use, and their social media updates.
All so you can personalize your email in under 30 seconds without ever leaving your inbox.
Lavender analyzes how your recipient writes their emails to you.
Are they using complex words? Are they formal? Are they angry?
Know how your recipient is writing, so you know exactly how to respond.
Our AI, CATIE, will suggest sentence replacements that make your email more confident, concise, and clear.See it in Action
As you write your email Lavender will tell you what things you're doing great at, and what you need to fix before you hit send.See it in Action
Easily search for and insert GIFs without leaving your inbox. Lavender will then detect how it changes the tone of the email.See it in Action
Most emails are read from a mobile phone. Lavender makes it easy to quickly see and edit how your email will look on mobile.See it in Action
Lavender pulls in rapport-building insights on the people you email, including their picture, bio, and social posts.See it in Action
Easily research a prospect's company and see what tech tools they use, revenue, headcount, tweets and more.See it in Action
See deep analytics around how you and your team are performing and improving over time from an employee, team, or company view.See it in Action
Avoid ending up in your recipients spam folder. Lavender will analyze your email for common spam triggers and tell you if it's safe to send or not.See it in Action
Lavender's AI analyzes your email as you write, and begins to understands how you and your recipient are communicating.See it in Action
Lavender automatically checks the recipient's email address to ensure it's valid. This helps to prevent bounced emails and helps to guess your prospect's. email addresses.See it in Action
Know exactly how your recipient is going to interpret your email. Do you think you're being confident but you're actually being aggressive? Lavender will tell you all the tones and sentiments present in your email, and how your reader is likely to interpret them.See it in Action
Lavender analyzes your email and calculates a score from A through F. This score is Lavender's prediction on how likely your email to be opened, read, understood, and positively replied to by your recipient.See it in Action
Lavender checks your email to make sure you're using the best practices for what gets a reply based on data from millions of emails. If Lavender sees you're doing something that will lower your reply rate, it will let you know.See it in Action
Easily see exactly when your recipient has opened your email, what device they were on, and what their local time is. Did they open on their phone at 2pm? Maybe you should call them. Did they open on their computer at 8pm? Maybe send an email or wait until tomorrow.See it in Action
The best emails take under 1 minute to read. Lavender calculates how long your email will take the average person to read, so you know if you need to make it shorter. If it's under 1 minute your reply rate will increase.See it in Action
Quickly see how long you are spending writing each email so you can stay on track and hit your daily outbound goals.See it in Action
Lavender includes an individual and team dashboard that gives powerful insights into your average trends, and how you're improving over time.
For teams, easily track how each employee and department is performing and where there are opportunities for improvement.
The average score for your team is shown so you quickly know how the team is doing week by week. We call it a CEQ score: your Communication Effectiveness Quotient.
Lavender is a browser extension that helps Gmail and Outlook 365 users write and send better, more personalized, and more effective emails. It provides a suite of tools including AI-driven writing analysis and coaching, sentiment check and email scoring, and helpful tools to optimize your email workflow like mobile preview, easy-insert gifs, email verification, and spam-filter prevention.
Lavender is for anyone who wants to send more confident, thoughtful, and effective emails. Most of our users are salespeople and entrepreneurs, and many of our features (like email address verification) are optimized for these roles. We also have many users who are in customer success, marketing, operations, recruiting, and even students.
Lavender runs a gender analysis of your email that is not a factor in your score. It is based on classification that predicts the gender-leaning of the language, analyzing things like preposition usage. Our users have found it helpful in reducing workplace discrimination, increasing conversions for specific audiences, and reducing gender bias and leaning when emailing mixed audiences.
Lavender opens when Gmail loads by default. For most users this provides easier and faster access to Lavender. If you would like to disable this go to your settings (the gear icon at the bottom of the sidebar) to turn it off.
The Lavender score is a prediction of how likely your email is to be opened, read, understood, and replied positively to. It is based on best practices that get the most replies after analyzing million of email. The main factors are conciseness, clarity, subject line, and formality.
Lavender is privacy-first, secure, and encrypted. We never store your emails on our servers. Lavender analyzes your email as you write it so we never need to store it after analysis. We only store the analysis (i.e. that the email was confident or too formal) to help make you a better writer over time.
Yes, Lavender works with Grammarly. Many people (us included!) use Grammarly for their spelling and grammar check. Lavender is a value multiplier when combined with Grammarly, and we dig deeper into the email while also providing productivity tools to reduce the amount of time you have to leave your inbox.
The Lavender team plan gives additional insights and analytics around how the organization is communicating. The insights are shown for each employee, each team (including sub-teams like a SMB and Enterprise sales team), and for the entire organization. Our teams plan calculates your CEQ (Communication Effectiveness Quotient) so you can easily track how your team is communicating week by week. Yes, we can offer a discount for an annual plan.